Tuesday 11 October 2011

FOTD: Girl About Town

A second later and her face cracked
I decided to try mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer. It worked a treat. I think next time I'd take the time to use a foundation brush but instead I just slapped it on. I could have done with a bit less. I'd really recommend this method (not so much the slapping) to my drier skinned friends. My skin felt really comfortable after this and I think it was easier to get good coverage.

Here's what I used today...

Face:
BareMinerals Original Mineral Foundation in Fairly Medium (mixed with BareEscentuals Purely Nourishing moisturizer)
Lily Lolo mineral blusher in Flushed

Eyes:
BareMinerals Brow Colour in Brunette (on brows ;)
MAC Kohl Pencil in Smolder
MAC Plushlash Mascara in Plush Black

Lips:
MAC Amplified Lipstick in Girl About Town

I know MAC lipsticks aren't so hot on the green credentials but I love them! They're my benchmark as far as lipsticks go. I hate how most eco brands think you want to look "natural", what?! I'm on a mission to find clean, green lipsticks in exciting colours. I think I might swatch all my MAC lipsticks and then I can compare them more easily. 

Also, I'm trying to do a Libra look for my astrologically themed makeup posts. However, it's not going so well! I'm struggling to look sharp enough to pass as a Libra. I will keep trying! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.