Wednesday 12 October 2011

Make-up Astro: Like a Libra



Make-up for a Libra was quite a challenge, being a Virgo myself (my boyfriend thinks make-up astrology is bonkers - how silly!). So bear with me.

So, what are Librans like? I'm going to focus on Libra ladies here because the men are an odd bunch (John Lennon, Snoop Dogg, Ghandi, Aleister Crowley, Nietzsche, Eminem, Jean-Claude Van Damme, my brother). Libra is ruled by Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. Librans are beautiful, refined, immaculate. Monica Belucci, Gwen Stefani, Bridgit Bardot, Dita von Teese, Alicia Silverstone - you see what I mean. 

I think one can definitely class Librans as romantic. Librans soul purpose is to be in partnership, they find themselves in the cooperation, compromise and companionship with another.  Libra likes music, fine fragrance, art and loooove.  Librans rarely put their foot in it, so to speak. They are always in tune with what is appropriate for a particular setting, they are the perfect guest. They also have great taste.  As someone who tends to avoid conflict, I can tell you NEVER to argue with a Libran - you will lose! And if you do end up in an argument with a Libran, you then know that you are very dear to them. They wouldn't waste their energy on you if you weren't. These guys are generally patient and even-tempered, you don't want to see what happens when you push them too far. 

So... make-up. 

In my attempt to disguise myself as a Libran, I paid special attention to my skin. Lots of shimmer free bronzer to contour and shimmer powder to highlight. I tried to keep the skin looking dewy and fresh. The librans I'm aware of always have good looking skin. I defined my eyes and kept my eyebrows slim but defined. No heavy brows for Libra! I've noticed that Librans tend not to go for anything to edgy as far as lip colour goes and will tend to stay neutral unless they have a lot of Scorpio in their charts (Gwen Stefani has scorpio rising and I bet Dita von Teese does too). 

A bit more definition on eyes
Where I totally fell down was in lack of bling (Libra along with the other air signs, Gemini and Aquarius, seem to be most into classic jewellery) and lack of hair grooming. My hair does it's own thing, whereas Librans tend to have carefully tonged or straightened hair. 

So! Now you know how to spot a Libran, or an imposter! 

Here's what I used...

Face:
BareMinerals Original Mineral Foundation, mixed with Lily Lolo highlighting powder in Stardust and BareEscentuals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer
BareMinerals Warmth
Lily Lolo highlighting powder in Stardust
Lily Lolo mineral blusher in Flushed
BareMinerals Mineral Veil

Eyes:
BareMinerals Eyelid Primer
Everyday Minerals Shimmer Eyeshadow in Passion Passport
Lily Lolo mineral eyeshadow in Witchypoo
Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Yeyo
MAC Plushlash Mascara in Plush Black

Lips: 
MAC lip pencil in Cranberry
MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.