Friday 23 September 2011

Everyday Minerals Eyeshadow Swatch: Art Girl

Art Girl
I recently got some of the travel sized Everyday Minerals eyeshadows. The first that I've opened and tried is called Art Girl and is a very wearable, blue toned purple. I've swatched it on bare skin on top, on primer in the middle and appled damp at the bottom.  

When applied to bare skin it looks very sheer. Not much colour payoff. If this is all I could get from the product I wouldn't rate it very highly. It shows up beautifully both on top of primer and when applied wet. Very nice. 

Applied on top of primer
The applicator is quite interesting, it comes in a little rollerball tube! I just tapped some product onto a little dish and picked up with a brush. I'm sure a little pot would have done just as well. But it's fine. I wonder if you're supposed to roll it straight onto your eye? 

I have hazelly brown eyes and Art Girl brings out the colours in them. I'm sure this would look good on  darker brown eyes too. Maybe green eyes would be better set off by a purple with more red tones in. The only down-side to this shade is that it seems to really show off one's dark circles - the banterous Co-op dude commented on my fatigued appearance today. So get out the concealer when you wear this. 

For only £2.95, this is a great wee product. It's my favourite purple eyeshadow so far, nicer than the MAC ones I've tried (to my surprise). You can get Everyday Minerals in the UK from Cocktail Cosmetics, their customer service is excellent and delivery is fast. Elsewhere and you can order directly from Everyday Minerals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.