Wednesday 7 September 2011

Wash Your Face! Update

My Lush routine wasn't working out for me anymore.  I was getting spotty, the kind that are quite sore. My skin also had a sticky feel to it, I think it was having used Aqua Marina for too long. Perhaps the glycerin, or the calamine just built up too much.

I'd been reading The Green Beauty Guide. The author, Julie Gabriel, recommended good ol' fashioned (mild) soap and water as a cleanser. Yikes! I wasn't ready to try that, I have memories of having a very sore face from using soap on it before. But foamy cleansers I have liked. Back in my pre-green days, Clinique sorted out my skin beautifully with it's facial cleansing bar. And I was desperate, as I said, my skin was baaaad.

So, I tried washing my face with this...
Ingredients:   Aqua, Sodium coco-sulfate (from coconut), Cocamidopropyl betaine (mild cleansing, foaming agent from coconut), Decyl glucoside (gentle foaming agent from corn), *Chamomilla recutita (chamomile) extract, Levulinic acid, *Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) powder, Yucca schidigera (yucca) extract, Aroma [^*Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) oil, *Santalum spicata (sandalwood) oil], Potassium sorbate (gentle preservative system), Citric acid (pH regulator), *Limonene, *Linalool (from essential oils). *81.80% certified organic ingredients ^Fairly Traded.

I'm only using it at night, in the morning my skin's still feeling clean and a rub with a clean muslin cloth and water is all I feel I need. It's not too drying that way either. I have no more spots and my skin is definitely looking a lot better. 

I'm still looking for a greener moisturizer. The Lush ones contain parabens, and Liz Earle's moisturizer doesn't quite reach the green standard either. They're not terrible though, and I think it's wasteful to throw things out unfinished. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.