Sunday 11 September 2011

LOTD: Purple!

I read that if you wear red lipstick, you're a cheerful person. Pink, and you're romantic. Orange, and you're an eccentric attention-seeker. What does violet mean then? 


I've used BareMinerals original foundation in these pictures. Previously, I was disappointed with this product but I made a couple of changes and now really feel I'm getting the best from it. I'd been matched to Fairly Light, a neutral pale shade. But this made my skin look a bit dull. Plus, I was finding it uncomfortable to apply. I had a feeling though, that this could be good as there as so many good reviews out there. So I found a sample in Fair, a more cool (pinky) tone and I'm so pleased with it. The coverage is fab and the finish is lovely. I love how it relaxes onto your skin after a bit. My skin seems to be loving it too, it's so clear just now. 

I also changed the brush I was using. I'm applying it with EcoTools mineral powder brush. It's so soft, no more scratching on! It seems to work so well with the powder. And it's cruelty-free! Hurrah! I got it in the EcoTools mineral brush set. 

On my eyes, I used a tip I got from Zoe Foster at Primped, and ran the pencil on my upper waterline only. It's a magical tip that gives a really clean, defined look. 

My last secret here is OCC Lip Tar!!!!!!!!!! I am amped about this. I actually mixed this colour myself from primary red, blue and white! I have a yellow as well so the colour spectrum resides in my make-up ammo. Yyyyuussss. I'm going to write you a post all about these babies soon. 

So, here's what I used. 

Face:
BareEscentuals, BareMinerals original mineral foundation in Fair
BareEscentuals, BareMinerals mineral veil
Lily Lolo mineral powder blush in Flushed
Lily Lolo mineral concealer in Nude (undereyes)
Lily Lolo mineral bronzer in South Beach

Eyes:
BareEscentuals Mineral Brow Colour in Brunette (in brows)
MAC eye kohl in Smolder
MAC PlushLash Mascara in PlushBlack

Lips:
OCC Lip Tar - a mix of RX, Feathered and NSFW






No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.