Friday 12 August 2011

Concealing Dark Circles

I have awful dark circles. Partly due to genetics, the veins are really close to the surface so I look bruised in the inner corners of my eyes. But partly because my baby girl decides how much I get to sleep! This is how I've been correcting them, see what you think.

Before: 
The worst eye, sexy huh?

Step 1:
Rather than just slapping on some concealer, I'm into using some colour corrector. Colour fun! My dark circles are pretty purple. The opposite shade on the colour wheel is yellow, see?  So use a yellow product to disguise purple rings. 

I use Lily Lolo mineral eyeshadow in Cream Soda. They do a colour corrector called Peepo that is yellow, but I chose the eyeshadow because I am pretty fair skinned (NW15 in MAC) and thought Peepo would be too dark on me. But anyone with skin that's any darker than that would benefit from Peepo. Here's how it looks. 

Yep, it's a powder. But don't be scared, mineral magic! Apply it tiny bit by tiny bit with a concealer brush. I have a MAC one and a Lily Lolo brush and either do. This is one eye's requirements on the Lily Lolo concealer brush. 
And below is how it looks on.

Step 2: Conceal

Using the same brush, I sweep on some concealer in the right shade for my skin. I'm using a mineral concealer, which is totally unlike any powder I've ever come across before. The texture is a-mazing. 
The amount in the lid is plenty for an application.

Ta-da!

Here's that awful eye.


Step 3: Finish Your Look.



I can't do anything about my deep sockets, but I can fix up the colour quite a lot. I'll write more about the mineral products asap, I have so many posts to complete - lots of ideas!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.