Tuesday 16 August 2011

LOTD: Electric Eel & BareMineral review

Today, I have been mostly wearing...
Electric Eel eyes and BareMinerals skin
Electric Eel eyes and BareMinerals skin
Showing off the new brows
Face:
BareMinerals Matte mineral foundation in Fairly Light
Lily Lolo mineral finishing powder in Translucent Silk
Lily Lolo mineral concealer in Nude
Lily Lolo mineral shimmer powder in Stardust

Eyes:
Lily Lolo mineral finishing powder in Translucent Matte as a primer
MAC eyeshadow in Electric Eel
MAC eyeliner pencil in 
MAC Plushlash mascara in Plush Black

Lips:
Lily Lolo mineral blush in Flushed mixed with Lush's Ultrabalm

I'm not so sure about the BareMinerals foundation. It didn't feel to comfortable upon application, almost like my skin had been blasted by some nasty weather.  The powder felt rough on my brush too. I hope this isn't just me imagining things after the reading I've been doing on Bismuth Oxychloride. Please see the latter half of yesterday's post for more information.  However, I had the regular version of this product applied at a beauty counter a while ago before I'd read about this issue and had the same experience. 

As the day has progressed, my skin's felt quite comfortable. But looks wise, I'm not sure. Though I don't tend to go for a heavy look from foundation, this is really subtle. It hasn't evened my skin out in the way that I'd like it to. The foundation has imparted something to my skin, but it's not rocking my boat.  I expected to love the finish of this foundation, but no.  Lily Lolo is still the winner. 

I also mixed up some mineral blusher with some of Lush's Ultrabalm.  The look was quite sheer but this could easily be built up with more blush in the balm.  It lasted surprisingly well (lasted through lunch) and I'm looking forward to more experimentation. 

Still loving the BareMinerals Brows!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, make remarks, write a poem.